Instill the Love of Words: Multimodality Language Instruction
By Char Boshart, M.A., CCC-SLP
This 2-hour video course is available at SpeechTherapypd.com. Earn ASHA CEUs in the comfort of your own home!
2-Hour Video Course; .2 ASHA CEUs
This two-hour seminar focuses on children, therapy, and words; words they hear, say, read, write, and even draw. We explore why some children dislike words and language in general, and present strategies to counteract the “dislike” and awaken an appreciation and joy of learning in playing with words.
How to incorporate movement into your therapy is covered. Movement can be used to generate memory, meaningful language and literacy connections, keeping them on task, and enjoyment.
We want our kids to develop a fascination with words and language to intrinsically want to learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe at least three reasons why some children dislike learning “words” and how attitude can impact therapy success.
- Demonstrate at least three multi-modality methods to teach words, and have kids learn and apply them.
- Explain why movement in therapy is a key to learning.
- Describe three methods to generate movement in therapy to promote interaction and memory.
- Explain the process of using “story” as a core therapy technique to teach semantics, syntax and grammar, and critical thinking skills.
Go to SpeechTherapypd.com to register!