Organize Your Language Therapy: Fun Narrative Instruction
By Char Boshart, M.A., CCC-SLP
This 2-hour video course is available at SpeechTherapypd.com. Earn ASHA CEUs in the comfort of your own home!
Language therapy is typically abstract, tough to plan for, and difficult to document improvement.
In this three-hour course, you’ll learn a language therapy SYSTEM, if you will, that will save organization and planning time, establish therapy continuity from therapy session to therapy session, and improve your stress level and sanity!
You’ll learn the Keys to Language Therapy Instruction (research-based strategies you’ll want to include in your therapy sessions to help your kids learn and retail), and, the “INSTIL” Program (a therapy acronym) that outlines a new Narrative Therapy Method that’s not only fun for your kids, but effective, and assists in the transfer of knowledge outside your therapy room.
We’ll cover how to successfully use stories, poems, and readers theater. It’s fun!
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Name at least five methods to organize and expand their language therapy impact.
- Demonstrate three activities to teach vocabulary from initial exposure to generalization.
- List and explain at least three learning strategies to help students increase their word consciousness.
- Describe three specific methods to merge language lessons with reading and writing, and implement narrative language and literacy activities.
- Name several current language books, materials, apps and websites that are highly effective and user-friendly for the school SLP.
- List and briefly describe the Instill the Love of Words therapy sequence.
Go to SpeechTherapypd.com to register!