From Capability to Carryover (3-hours)
By Char Boshart, M.A., CCC-SLP
This 3-hour video course is available at SpeechTherapypd.com. Earn ASHA CEUs in the comfort of your own home!
3-Hour Video Course; .3 ASHA CEUs
Most children and adults who distort the /r/ production, form the sound with labored puckered lips and a lowered, relaxed tongue. So just why do they do that? And what’s an SLP to do to counteract these characteristics and replace the inaccurate sound with a desirable /r/ that generalizes with ease?
In this 3-hour course—“R” Solutions: From Capability to Carryover—you’ll discover how to apply practical, little known /r/-facts critical not only in analysis, but also to formulating a good /r/ and organizing a remediation process that clearly sequences your therapy from capability strategies to carryover completion.
You will learn to apply practical analysis and therapy procedures regarding:
- Critical components of the back-up /r/ and retroflex /r/.
- The analysis process of the distorted “R”.
- Causal factors and how to therapeutically compensate for them.
- New /r/ “stim” techniques.
- How to sequence specific capability tasks that leads to the desirable /r/--even for the tough cases.
- How to effectively solidify the new /r/ production and achieve generalization.
This course includes a complete 35 page handout that can be printed and used for your note-taking and reference.
Go to SpeechTherapypd.com to register!