"S" Remediation Therapy (1 hour)
By Char Boshart, M.A., CCC-SLP
This 1-hour video course is available at SpeechTherapypd.com. Earn ASHA CEUs in the comfort of your own home!
1-Hour Video Course; .1 ASHA CEUs
This 1-hour video course presents a condensed but informative version of effective strategies to analyze the child with a distorted /s/: Their oral stabilization and mobilization, their oral resting posture, and any potential production obstacles.
Techniques are covered to establish an oral capability base to stimulate a good /s/ that contains appropriate external and internal stabilization and mobilization, several sound stim suggestions, and how to solidify the new production and establish conversational carryover.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe an understanding of the /s/ production.
- Effectively assess the differences and characteristics of the frontal and lateral “s’s”.
- Perform at least 10 capability-based therapy techniques.
- Implement solidification methods to successfully establish the /s/ motor pattern.
- Perform at least 5 generalization techniques to finalize treatment.
Go to SpeechTherapypd.com to register!